Engineered wood flooring is a highly popular and sought after wood flooring solution these days and in it’s easy to see why. Engineered wood flooring is an attractive and modern kind of flooring that has the same surface appearance of solid wood, but greater structural stability. One advantage is that it is better able to deal with changes in moisture and temperature. However, as with any flooring, steps need to be taken to ensure it stays in good shape.
Advantages of Engineered Wood Flooring
1. It looks just like real wood. One of the great things about the engineered wood flooring that you can buy today is that it looks just like real wood.
2. It doesn’t expand and contract to the same extent as solid wood. Aside its great looks, this is arguably one of the most significant advantages of engineered wood flooring over solid wood. Thanks to its clever construction, engineered wood flooring doesn’t expand and contract to the same extent as solid wood. What this means is that it’s safe to lay in environments where solid wood would risk damage.
3. It is extremely durable. Engineered wood flooring is made up of layers and layers of plywood that are bonded together before being topped off with a solid wood lamella or top layer. The making of engineered wood flooring boards in this way means that they are incredibly tough and will stand up to heavy footfall in both domestic and commercial environments.
4. It can be sanded. Although the number of times that engineered wood flooring can be sanded depends on the thickness of the lamella or top layer, there’s no getting away from the fact that engineered wood can be re sanded during its lifetime. Re sanding a floor enables you to bring the floor back to life when it’s looking tired. It is also a good way to get rid of surface staining or marking.
5. It can be refinished. Once you’ve re-sanded your engineered wood floor, you can refinish it to protect it and make it look like new again.
Come into store and check out our great ranges of flooring